Non-degree Studies

Have you already completed an undergraduate degree at York but would like to continue taking courses here? Apply for Non-degree Status and you can still enrol in undergraduate courses.

If you have already completed a degree at York University and would like to enrol in an undergraduate course but not work toward another degree or a certificate program, you would apply for non-degree status. Please read the information below. You cannot apply for a new Non-Degree Status .

If you have not yet graduated, have been away from York and did not enrol/register in the most recent fall/winter session, you must reactivate your academic record before you can return to your studies. Please read the information on the Reactivation page.

If you are a current student and you are considering changing your major, degree program or Faculty, please read the information on the Program Change page.

If you want to return to York to pursue a second degree or certificate program, please contact the Office of Admissions directly.

If you are unclear on any of the terminology used in this section, please read our Glossary of Terms page.