Letter of Permission

Interested in taking a course at another university but want to ensure it counts as credit toward your York degree? You can apply for a Letter of Permission to study elsewhere through the Registrar's Office.

  • If you wish to enrol at another university (the “host” institution) and have those undergraduate credits transferred toward your York degree/certificate, you must first apply and be granted a Letter of Permission (LOP) by the Office of the University Registrar.
    • Fee: non-refundable Letter of Permission processing fee of $50 per institution/term.
    • Glendon students: please consult with your home Academic Student Services Office.
  • If you are considering online courses, please visit eCampusOntario to find online and Blended (mostly) online courses.