Return to York

Completing a university degree is a long-term commitment. For personal, financial or other reasons, you may have decided to take a break from your studies and plan to return to York to complete your degree. Here’s what you need to know and how we can help you succeed.

If you are returning to York to complete your degree
(If you did not enrol in courses in the last fall/winter session)
You must reactivate your record. Please follow the steps below to reactivate your record
If you have already completed a degree at York and would like to apply for non-degree status (so that you can enrol in undergraduate courses but not towards a degree or certificate program) Please read the information on the Non-Degree page.
If you want to return to York to pursue a second degree or certificate program Please complete a York University application through the Office of Admissions.
If you are a current student, and are considering changing your major, degree program or Faculty Please read the information on the Program Change page.

If you are unclear on any of the terminology used in this process, please read our Glossary of Terms page.